|Got Your Back
|My Custome Vring
Last Revised: June 28, 2021
- Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content, or sign up for a subscription;
- Social networks through which you may interact with us; and
- Our service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, and phone number;
- Login information, such as username and password; and
- Payment and financial details collected by our third-party payment providers, such as payment card number, expiration date, authentication code; billing address, and shipping address.
When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A cookie is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Squarespace Analytics and Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic. The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services; and
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views, website navigation patterns, and vring exchanges).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
- HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Complete transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Analyze the quality of the Services;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Services;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our agreements; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Distal Reality, users of the Services, or others;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures; and
- With your consent.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is securely stored, with critical information encrypted. All vrings transmissions will be encrypted. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
- Your Choices
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features of the Services.
We do not use your email for identification or for any other purpose unless you initiate the contact by emailing us. We do not promote our product or services over email. Some correspondence between you and our business will be through your phone number. If you do not want us to use your phone number to promote our own products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If you have received a promotional text from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional texts by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such a text.
Web Analytics and Third-Party Services
We use various third parties to help the Services best function. You may learn more about Squarespace Analytics by visiting https://www.squarespace.com/cookie-policy/. You may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We also use WordPress, TablePress, and WooCommerce.
- Accessing and CHANGING Your Information
You can review and change the personal information associated with your account, including your haptic handle, by logging into your account on the mobile application and visiting the profile. The only way to change your contact information (phone number) is to remove your account and or register another. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email.
- Your UK and European Union Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) or United Kingdom (UK), you may be subject to additional protections and rights under applicable data privacy laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These include the right to:
- access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information;
- object or restrict the processing of your personal information;
- request portability of your personal information; and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Such requests may be made by emailing us at the address below.
VeraSafe has been appointed as Distal Reality LLC’s representative in the UK and EEA for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the GDPR and UK GDPR. If you are located within the EEA or UK, VeraSafe can be contacted in addition to or instead of the address below, only on matters related to the processing of personal data.
United Kingdom. To make such an inquiry in the UK, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or via telephone at: +44 (20) 4532 2003. Alternatively, VeraSafe may be contacted by writing to: VeraSafe United Kingdom Ltd., 37 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TL, United Kingdom.
European Economic Area. To make such an inquiry in the EEA, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://verasafe.com/public-resources/contact-data-protection-representative or via telephone at: +420 228 881 031. Alternatively, VeraSafe may be contacted by writing to: VeraSafe Ireland Ltd., Unit 3D, North Point House North Point Business Park, New Mallow Road, Cork T23AT2P, Ireland.
- Children Under the Age of 13
Currently, the Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
- data transfers
We are based in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
We have implemented proper safeguards in instances in which we may need to process personal information subject to the GDPR. Please contact us using the information below `for further information.
- Contact Us